Powered By Blogger

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Sunshine and Shadows



In every life there are shadows.  If there were no shadows, there would be no sunshine.  Out of the sunshine, shadows form and are cast.  My life has been filled with mostly sunshine.  I've been able to do what I love.  I've traveled the world and seen unbelievable places and met wonderful people.  I have beautiful and healthy daughters, an amazing family, and incredible friends.  Enfolded in the sunshine is a long era of time filled with honorable deeds and actions; years of spearheading noble causes.  Yes, my life has been filled with sunshine, prodigious sunshine; so much so, I forgot about the shadows.  Slowly they crept in and clouded my sunshine.

I've made mistakes in life.  I tried my best to do the right things and continue to do whatever I can to repair my wrongs.  There was a period I lost my moral compass and found myself in a very difficult situation.  The shadows lengthened and widened.  Without compass to guide, I made desperate and strained decisions.  My injudicious choices were never fueled by anything other than doing everything in my power to salvage a sinking ship.  Never was there any intent to hurt anyone or cause another loss; yet individuals were hurt and suffered loss because of my mistakes.

There's almost never a time when every decision we make is correct and every step we take is in the right direction.  Life is filled with complexities, and rarely are the complications black and white.  People seldom make the right choices when they're under peril or duress.  The shadows.  People choose right because they see something that makes their life valuable enough to start moving toward a life worth living.  The sunshine.

Out of the shadows comes enlightenment.  Within our greatest traits are the seeds of our undoing.  There is a connection between the great gifts we possess and the great problems we encounter.  Sunshine and shadows.

http://stevewilson777.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment